Obama on Abortion- A Review of the Record
There can be no question that Barak Obama is the most pro-abortion president we have ever had. Consider these “lowlights” of his voting record, statements and positions:
- He was rated the most liberal U.S. senator in the last Congress, which means he was pro-abortion on every key vote. For each of the years he was in Congress he received a 100% favorable rating from NARAL Pro-choice America, the leading pro-abortion pressure group.
- Asked in a presidential campaign appearance when an unborn baby qualifies for “human rights” Obama replied “Well, uh, you know, I think that whether you’re looking at it from a theological perspective or, uh, a scientific perspective, uh, answering that question with specificity, uh, you know, is, is, uh, above my pay grade.”
- He opposed banning partial birth abortion, the barbaric practice where an infant who could live outside the womb is mostly born but killed by the abortionist at the last second.
- During the presidential campaign he said one of the reasons he favored liberal abortion policies was that he would not want his daughters to be "punished with a baby" in the event that they became pregnant outside of marriage.
- He twice opposed legislation as a state senator which would require that infants who are aborted but born alive must receive medical treatment.
- During the presidential campaign, he also said that the first bill he wanted to sign as president is the outrageous “Freedom of Choice Act” (FOCA) which effectively eliminates all state and federal restrictions on abortion, including parental notification requirements and the prohibition on partial birth abortion.
- On his second day as president, he repealed the “Mexico City Policy” that previous administrations had put into place to prevent U.S. taxpayer dollars supporting any organizations around the world that promote abortion.
- Obama administration delegations to the UN have already been actively pushing for abortion on demand with no restrictions being imposed on every country in the world.
- The White House Web site brags that Obama “has been a consistent champion of reproductive choice and will make preserving women's rights under Roe v. Wade a priority in his administration. He opposes any constitutional amendment to overturn the Supreme Court's decision in that case.”
It is clear that the only thing that will get President Obama’s attention on this issue is understanding that he will pay a huge political price if he pursues his liberal, pro-abortion agenda. Sending him hundreds of thousands of empty red envelopes from Americans who are committed to protecting life and defending the unborn.